Publications of Research Articles
Publications of Research Articles
- A Dhara, D Verma, S Dey, A Sarkar and S Haldar. (2019) Assessment of tributyrin as a replacement for antibiotic growth promoters in broiler diets: effects on performance, selected bacterial population in digesta, intestinal histomorphology and immune responses (measured through vaccine titres). Acta Scientific Veterinary Sciences 1: 22-31.
- Pathak, M., Mandal, G. P., Patra, A. K., Samanta, I., Pradhan S. and Haldar, S. (2016) Effects of dietary supplementation of cinnamaldehyde and formic acid on growth performance, intestinal microbiota and immune response in broiler chickens. Animal Production Science. http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/AN15816
- Toshi Wati, Ghosh, T. K., Syed, B. and Haldar, S (2015) Comparative efficacy of a phytogenic feed additive and an antibiotic growth promoter on production performance, caecal microbial population and humoral immune response of broiler chickens inoculated with enteric pathogens. Animal Nutrition 1: 213-219.
- Singh A.K., Ghosh, T.K., Creswell, D. and Haldar, S (2015) Effect of supplementation of betaine hydrochloride on physiological performance of broilers exposed to thermal stress. Open Access Animal Physiology. Doi.10.2147/OAAP.S83190.
- Murugesan, G. R., Syed, B., Haldar, S and Pender C. (2015) Phytogenic feed additives as an alternative to antibiotic growth promoters in broiler chickens. Frontiers in Veterinary Science. Doi. 10.3389/fvets.2015.00021.
- Singh AK’ Ghosh TK and Haldar S. (2015) Effects of methionine chelate- or yeast proteinate-based supplement of copper, iron, manganese and zinc on broiler growth performance, their distribution in the tibia and excretion into the environment. Biological Trace Element Research. DOI 10.1007/s12011-014-0222-2.
- Singh, A., Walk, C., Ghosh, T.K., Bedford, M.R. and Haldar, S (2013) Effect of a novel microbial phytase on production performance and tibia mineral concentration of broiler chickens fed low calcium diets. British Poultry Science 54: 206-215.
- Singh, A., Masey O’Nell, H.V., Ghosh, T.K., Bedford, M.R. and Haldar, S (2012) Effects of xylanase supplementation on performance, total volatile fatty acids and selected bacterial population in caeca, metabolic indices and peptide YY concentrations in serum of broiler chickens fed energy restricted maize-soybean based diets. Animal Feeds Science and Technology 177: 194-203.
- Ghosh, T.K., Haldar, S Bedford, M.R., Muthusami, N. and Samanta, I. (2012) Assessment of yeast cell wall as replacements for antibiotic growth promoters in broiler diets: effects on performance, intestinal histo-morphology and humoral immune responses. Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition 96: 275-284.
- Haldar, S Ghosh, T.K., Toshiwati and Bedford M.R. (2011) Effects of yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) and yeast protein concentrate on production performance of broiler chickens exposed to heat stress and challenged with Salmonella enteritidis. Animal Feed Science and Technology 168: 61-71.
- Muthusamy, N., Haldar, S, Ghosh, T.K. and Bedford, M.R. (2011) Effects of hydrolysed Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast and yeast cell wall components on live performance, intestinal histo-morphology and humoral immune response of broilers. British Poultry Science 52: 694-703.
- Samanta, S., Haldar, S. and Ghosh, T.K. (2010) Comparative efficacy of an organic acid blend and bacitracin methylene disalicylate as growth promoters in broiler: effects on performance, gut histology and small intestinal milieu. Veterinary Medicine International (Published online doi:10.4061/2010/645150).
- Bahadur, V., Haldar, S. and Ghosh, T.K. (2010) Assessment of the efficacy of L-lysine sulfate vis-à-vis L-lysine hydrochloride as sources of supplemental lysine in broiler chickens. Veterinary Medicine International (Published online doi:10.4061/2010/964076).
- Mondal, S., Haldar, S., Saha, P. and Ghosh, T.K. (2010) Metabolism and tissue distribution of trace elements in broiler chickens fed diets fed deficient and plethoric levels of copper, manganese and zinc. Biological Trace Element Research 137: 190-205.
- Roy, A., Haldar, S., Mondal, S. and Ghosh, T.K. (2010) Effects of Supplemental exogenous emulsifier on performance, nutrient metabolism, and serum lipid profile in broiler chickens. Veterinary Medicine International (Published online doi:10.4061/2010/262604).
- Samanta, S., Haldar, S., Bahadur, V. and Ghosh, T.K. (2008) Chromium picolinate can ameliorate the negative effect of heat stress and enhance performance, carcass and meat traits in broiler chickens by reducing the circulatory cortisol level. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 88: 787-796.
- Haldar, S., Samanta, S., Banerjee, R., Sharma, B. and Ghosh, T.K. (2007) Glucose tolerance and serum concentrations of hormones and metabolites in goats (Capra hircus) fed diets supplemented with inorganic and organic chromium salts. Animal 1: 347-356.
- Haldar, S., Ghosh, T.K., Pakhira, M.C and De, K. (2006) Effects of incremental dietary chromium (Cr3+) on growth, hormone concentrations and glucose clearance in growing goats (Capra hircus). Journal of Agricultural Science (Cambridge) 144: 269-280
- Amatya, J. L., Haldar, S. and Ghosh, T. K. (2005) In vitro uptake of chromium from inorganic and organic sources across everted intestinal sacs of poultry. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 75: 680-684.
- Ahmed, N, Haldar, S., Pakhira, M. C. and Ghosh, T.K. (2005) Growth performances, nutrient utilization and carcass traits in broiler chickens fed with a normal and a low energy diet supplemented with inorganic chromium (as chromium chloride hexahydrate) and a combination of inorganic chromium and ascorbic acid. Journal of Agricultural Science (Cambridge) 143: 427-439
- S. Haldar (20) Practical solutions for water quality issues – Part 1: Water availability and disease transmission. Asian Poultry: 8-10
- S. Haldar (2020) Practical solutions for water quality issues – Part 2: Microbial and chemico-physical standards. Asian Poultry: 12-16.
- S. Dey, AK Dhara, A Sarkar and S Haldar (2016) Utilising cotton seed meal in broiler diets. Asian Poultry: 42-45.
- S. Agarwal, S. Saxena and S. Haldar (2017) A novel enzyme-DFM combination helps to improve broiler performance under cyclic heat-stress condition. Livestock and Feed Business:40-42.
- D. Creswell and S. Haldar (2015) Utilising roasted guar meal in broiler diets. Asian Feed Magazine: 30-33.